egg in a hole with sun-dried tomatoes

4:05 PM

1

Hello! So for today I wanted to share one of easiest recipes ever with dish I fell in love with after making it for the first time. Us, Lithuanians call it Pirato akis and it was kinda hard to find english translation for that or how others call it and most common names I've found was egg in a hole, toad in a hole, frog in a hole, egg in a boat... Well a lot of those. And I decided to share my recipe which is not just simple egg in a hole recipe, but with more like Italian flavor :)


2

Ingredients:

  • Half of french bread 
  • 2 eggs
  • Sun-dried tomatoes (preserved in olive oil or any other way marinated)
  • Basil (if you have fresh basil - use it, since I didn't have it I used dried basil)
  • Salt, pepper
  • Cheese for garnish 
  • Oil for cooking


3
Step one: slice french bread. The more obliquely the better.

4
Step two: make holes in your bread. I would say size you prefer, I kept mine not so big, since I wanted white bread too.

5
Step three: break both eggs into bowl, put basil, pepper and salt and mix them until solid consistency.

6


7
Step four: chop sun-dried tomatoes into smaller pieces.

8
Step five: heat oil in pan and put bread and sun-dried tomatoes in.

9
Step six: pour eggs into holes. Mine got all over the places, because I was in hurry to cook and take photos, don't worry your will look more beautiful haha. Cook for a minute, when flip to other side and cook for another minute.

10
Step seven: put all slices on plate, grate some cheese and enjoy! Bon appetite! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you :) xo